What is “Visitor’s Visa”?


This is a common name (actually, one of them) for an official document called “temporary resident visa (TRV). TRV is a counterfoil document issued by a visa office that is placed in a person’s passport to show that he or she has met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident.


Some people are inadmissible—they are not allowed to come to Canada. Several things can make you inadmissible, including involvement in criminal activity, in human rights violations or in organized crime. You can also be inadmissible for security, health or financial reasons.


To visit Canada, you must meet the basic requirements 

  • have a valid travel document, such as a passport,
  • be in good health,
  • convince an immigration officer that you have ties—such as a job, home, financial assets or family—that will take you back to your home country,
  • convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit,
  • have no intention to work or study in Canada unless authorized to do so,
  • be law abiding and have no record of criminal activity,
  • not be a risk to the security of Canada,
  • have enough money for your stay. (The amount of money you will need can vary. it depends on things like how long you will stay, and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives.)

To be allowed to enter Canada, you may also need a:

  • Medical exam. If you do, the visa office will send you instructions.
  • Police certificate for yourself and any family member 18 years of age or over who will come to Canada with you. The visa office will contact you if that is needed.
  • Letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada.

Citizens of certain countries are exempt from obtaining the TRV. While you may not need a visa to visit or transit Canada, you still need to:

  • Show an immigration officer that you satisfy all other requirements to enter Canada. For instance, you may need a medical exam before arriving.
  • Carry proper travel documents and identification for yourself and any children travelling with you.

Travel with minors


We recommend that parents who share custody of their children carry copies of their legal custody documents, such as custody rights. If you share custody and the other parent is not travelling with you, or if you are travelling with minors for whom you are not the parent or legal guardian, we recommend you carry a consent letter to provide authorization for you to take them on a trip and enter Canada. 


A consent letter must include the custodial parents' or legal guardians' full name, address and telephone number. Some travellers choose to have the consent letter notarized, to further support its authenticity, especially if they are undertaking a significant trip and want to avoid any delay.


When travelling with a group of vehicles, parents or guardians should arrive at the border in the same vehicle as their children or any minors they are accompanying.


Travel with pets


The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) establishes import requirements for all animals and animal products entering Canada. Please contact us for more information.

If you are in the process of obtaining a Permanent Resident status, or plan to become on and intend to visit Canada, please contact us regarding the Dual Intent.


Please be advised, that the admission of temporary residents into Canada is a privilege, not a right!


У Вас есть вопрос? Напишите нам


Если Вам нужен более обстоятельный ответ, или Вы хотите получить предварительную оценку своей ситуации, пожалуйста заполните анкету.


Phone us: 1(778)386-5495

Fax: 1(778)373-6395

Email us

Fill out the Assessment Form

Print Print | Sitemap Recommend this page Recommend this page
© CrossCanada Immigration Consulting. We take pride in our work!

Email: contact@crosscanadaimmigration.com
Phone: 1(778)386-5495 Fax:1(778)373-6395